Massachusetts Suicide Postvention Task Force
This website has been created for people who are bereaved by suicide, usually referred to as suicide loss survivors. If you are a survivor, we are truly sorry for the loss of your loved one. Losing a loved one to suicide can be very traumatic and complicated. Please know that you are not alone. This website was designed with you in mind. We also recognize the need to work with early responders (firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians, law enforcement, clergy and funeral directors) to provide loss survivors with compassion, information and resources. So, in addition to resources for people bereaved by suicide, this website has been created to provide resources for early responders who are looking to provide help to suicide loss survivors. Our goal is to reach loss survivors as early as possible in their grief to let them know that they are not alone and that there are many resources available to them when they are ready.
This Website Includes:
- Information about the MA Suicide Postvention Task Force and our goals.
- Information about grief after suicide - common experiences, complicated grief, when to seek professional support, and more.
- Practical support for suicide loss survivors, including suggestions about managing social media, finding cleaning services, and dealing with other difficult situations that might arise.
- Suggestions for friends and family members on how to support a loss survivor.
- List of suicide loss survivor support groups (both in-person and “virtual”) in MA as well as organizations that provide in-home visits – See Resource section.
- Links to reading materials, websites, resource packets and more.
- Information about training from the Postvention Task Force for Early Responders, and additional resources.
- Stories of hope and inspiration from other loss survivors.